A STORY & VOCATION
Jazz au Confluent is a non-profit initiative founded in 2002 in Conflans Sainte Honorine in the Seine valley, north-west of Paris
It operates on a strictly voluntary basis and is run by a bureau and a board re-elected at our Annual General Meetings.
The bureau is currently composed of :
Jean GAULTIER, President
Alan FELL, Vice-President, Programming Committee Coordinator
Philippe CORREC, Secretary, Communication and social media
Martine Thomas, treasurer
Web development, Yann MOSSET
Since the Jazz au Confluent club was founded by four jazz fans keen to bring the music to an outlying area of suburban Paris, we have established ourselves as a recognised venue, organising over 300 top-quality concerts and other events, including exhibitions of photography, art and film projections, and have welcomed hundreds of professional and amateur musicians.
Our watchwords are:
- Quality: this means not only high standards in music but also the welcome that we extend to the audience and the musicians
- Friendliness: our cabaret-style layout in true jazz club tradition allows the audience to enjoy a drink around a table with friends and family
- Affordability: admission prices and terms for members are particularly attractive
- Involvement: we make each event an opportunity to socialize and make an active contribution.
Our season includes:
- Monthly concerts organized from October through May, usually in the Salle Debussy, Conservatoire George Gershwin
- An annual 2-week springtime festival, Jazzenville, launched in 2004, with events at different venues: Conservatoire George Gershwin, Théâtre Simone Signoret, Salle des Fêtes, Storyboat, and across the River Oise in Maurecourt.
A committee chooses artists from the many requests that we receive and strives to reflect the diversity of jazz, taking in the heritage and today’s trends going forward, also embracing the crossover influences that have nourished the music and helped to keep it fresh and alive.
If you would like to join OUR TEAM of volunteers, we will be delighted to welcome you. Come and have a chat with us at one of our concerts. We always need helping hands at the venue before and after each concert and for other missions in logistics, accounting, communication, etc.